PPE Awareness Certification
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) protects workers in many fields from injury and disease. However, the decision to use PPE should not be undertaken lightly and should be used only as a last resort when other risk reduction measures do not work.
In this course, you will learn how and when it is appropriate to use PPE, what you need to bear in mind when choosing it and how to get the most from your equipment. The course also addresses employers’ and employees’ duties under health and safety laws.
What You Will Learn
- The main types of PPE available, how it protects people from harm and the legislation governing its use and selection
- How to choose the correct type of PPE for your workers, taking into account their circumstances, job type and individual needs
- How to store and maintain PPE, why it should be tested on a regular basis and when it should be inspected
- Why a good training program will improve compliance with PPE policies in the workplace, barriers to training and the components of a successful training session
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are an employer, you will benefit from understanding your obligations under the law with regards to the provision and use of PPE
- If you are a worker who uses PPE, this course will further your understanding of why PPE is used, the different types of PPE available and why it should be used only as a last resort
- If you are responsible for the storage of PPE, this course will help you keep it in good working order
- If you are responsible for conducting risk assessments at work, you will benefit from this overview of the role of PPE and when it should be used