Learning about Modern Slavery is essential for everyone interested in understanding the many nuances and aspects that contribute to this modern-day issue, whether it’s a part of your school or university curriculum, or you simply want to find out more about this topic.
Throughout these four modules, we will explore modern slavery, by defining the concept, discussing the root causes and analysing the different ways in which countries around the world are trying to fight it.
We will also analyse different forms of modern slavery, from traditional, or chattel slavery, to human trafficking, child slavery and sexual exploitation, forced marriage and forced migrant labour!
This is the ultimate resource for gaining a complete and thorough understanding of modern slavery, the forms it takes and the implications of it for all of us.
What You Will Learn:
- The causes of modern slavery, including, social, political and economic causes
- How modern slavery is fought through legislation and global policies
- All about well-known forms of modern slavery, such as chattel slavery, child slavery, human trafficking and sexual slavery
- Lesser-known forms of slavery, including forced marriages, migrant labour and forced occupational slavery
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will understand the root causes and various types of modern slavery
- You will achieve a well-rounded knowledge of modern slavery as a concept
- You will be able to discuss and debate modern slavery with confidence on any platform
- You will be able to pass any exam or test on modern slavery with ease