Understanding the PAYE System Certification
All workers and employers in the UK, including the self-employed, are part of the PAYE system. Introduced in 1944 by HMRC, it is designed to make the process of paying tax, National Insurance, and other deductions much simpler.
In this course, you will learn about how the PAYE system works, how tax codes ensure employers deduct the correct amount of tax from their employees’ pay, how self-employed people pay taxes, and the importance of using appropriate software to submit payment submissions.
You Will Learn:
- How the UK PAYE system works
- How tax codes work, and what the various tax codes mean
- How and when you need to send information to HMRC
- How to choose the best software to use to help manage your payroll
- How self-employed people navigate the PAYE system
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for overseeing the payroll at work, this course will help you navigate the PAYE system
- If you are self-employed, this course will help you ensure that you meet your obligations under the law with regards to paying tax and National Insurance
- If you are choosing a new piece of payroll software for your company, this course will give you valuable guidance
- If you are an employee, this course will help you make sure that your tax code is correct