Safe Handling of Medicines Foundation Certification
Learning how to handle, administer and store medication safely is important for everyone, especially those employed in the healthcare field. This valuable skill ensures that you and your patients remain safe and as healthy as possible. These guidelines also help organisations and agencies develop their own policies on the subject, giving them a chance to increase security and safety in their own facilities. These policies reduce the likelihood of errors and mistakes happening at all levels, as they are built on a system of double checks and verification.
This course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to the safe handling of medicines. It begins by giving you an overview of the classifications of medicines according to UK law and provides you with several important terms and definitions. It also talks about the relevant legalisation and guidelines you should be aware of, along with the seven rights of medication administration. Policies for record keeping and the roles of various individuals involved are also discussed. Finally, the course gives you proper storage and dispensing produces, along with a discussion of the routes of entry and levels of support your patients may require.
You Will Learn:-
- The legal classification of medications in the UK
- Important terms and definitions
- The rules and regulations involved in medicine handling and storage
- The seven rights of medicine administration
- Proper procedures for storing and dispensing medicine
- The levels of support patients may require and the various routes of entry
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning the key terms involved in medicine administration
- Gaining insight into the legislative requirements and government-issued guidelines
- Understanding the role of individuals in medicine administration
- Learning the seven rights of dispensing medication
- Learning the proper storing and dispensing methods