The National Minimum Wage Certification
The National Minimum Wage ensures that UK workers receive a fair wage. If you are an employer, you must pay your workers this wage or else face severe penalties. However, the National Minimum Wage varies between age and occupation groups, and calculating it is not always easy.
In this course, you will learn what the National Minimum Wage is, how much you need to pay your staff, and how to ensure that you keep appropriate records of your payroll activities.
You Will Learn:
- The current National Minimum Wage figures
- Who is and is not entitled to the National Minimum Wage
- The rules governing the National Minimum Wage for apprentices
- The consequences you may face if you fail to pay your employees appropriately
- How to calculate the National Minimum Wage when your staff work irregular hours or work under complex arrangements
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- This course will help you avoid penalties imposed by HMRC by paying all your staff the correct wage
- If you are responsible for maintaining a payroll at work, this course will help you check that employees are being paid fairly
- If you are a worker, this course will give you the knowledge you need to make sure you are receiving the right wage
- If you have a general interest in employment law, this course will provide you with an insight into a key topic in this field