The Dangers of Texting While Walking Certification
The implications that texting while walking may cause are often overlooked; we all know the dangers of texting and driving but we need to be aware that texting and walking can be just as harmful. Accidents and other problems caused by texting and walking are becoming increasingly more common, particularly because we tend to lose awareness of our surroundings and are not as alert as we should be.
In this course, we will be looking at both the readily apparent as well as the hidden dangers most commonly associated with texting while walking. Some of the items we will be discussing include our increased vulnerability to accidents, the physical effects of texting while walking, the impact texting and walking has on our social skills and how texting while walking makes us easy targets for attack.
You Will Learn:
- Why texting while walking is dangerous and what some of the most commonly associated dangers are
- How texting while walking makes us more vulnerable to accidents, particularly on the street
- The effect that texting while walking has on us physically, including on our posture, balance and walking style
- How texting while walking impacts on our social skills and the ability to effectively communicate with others – and how we can prevent this
- How texting while walking makes us more likely to be targeted for crime
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will gain insight into the many dangers of texting while walking
- You will learn how texting while walking increases our vulnerability to accidents and attacks, the physical effects texting while walking has on us and how our social skills may be impacted
- Your knowledge of these dangers will allow you to take preventative measures and avoid some of the risks associated with texting while walking
- Your knowledge will encourage you to think twice before taking your phone out on the street