Medicine treats pathology and injuries to foster and support healing. It also treats distressing pathology – or injury-related symptoms such as pain, to reduce suffering during healing and treatment. Persistent pathology or injury can become resistant to treatment. Pain persistence after healing of pathology or injury and its root cause is not known and thus, medicine comes in to reduce suffering.
Treatment techniques for chronic pain include interventional procedures, pharmacological measures such anticonvulsants, antidepressants and analgesics, physical exercise and therapy, physiological measures such as cognitive behavioural therapy and biofeedback, heat or ice application. This course covers everything you need to know about pain management.
First, it describes the term or phrase “pain management”. It also introduces pain clinics, what they are and what they do – and how they work. Different specialists in pain management and their specific roles have been extensively covered in this course. Next, the reasons behind pain management have been articulated, including their benefits.
The course goes ahead to cover various treatment options such as natural pain relief and alternative therapy. The course is useful for both pain management experts and patients experiencing chronic pain.
You Will Learn:
- The meaning of pain management
- What pain clinics are and their essence
- The different specialists working under pain management
- The reasons people engage in pain management
- Benefits of pain management
- Treatment options for pain management
Benefits of Taking the Course
- Taking the course will help you:
- Understand pain management and how it works
- Understand pain clinics and their role
- Know the different types of acupuncture
- Appreciate pain management
- Know why you should consider pain management as a career line
- Understand the treatment options available for chronic pain
- Find out the different pain management types
- Learn the different treatment options available for patients with chronic pain
- Understand the physiology of pain management