The recent rise in terrorist attacks and extremist activities has become a source of growing concern in Britain. Even more alarming is the threat of radicalisation of youth by Islamic terrorist groups.
The Department for Education strongly suggests instilling British values from the early years as a means of counteracting the risks of radicalisation.
What You Will Learn:
- The importance of British values and why they are a powerful tool to combat the risk of radicalisation
- How British values help students understand the difference between right and wrong by practising them in their daily lives
- The benefits and goals of introducing British values in schools and how SMSC (spiritual, moral, social and cultural development) can help support student development
- How democracy and the rule of law allow a balance between freedom and accountability
- How mutual respect, individual liberty and tolerance play an important part in fostering harmony
- How schools can promote these values in practical, effective ways
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- This course can particularly benefit teachers and school staff who interact with children on a daily basis.
- You will have the opportunity to instil British values in students right from an early age
- By understanding each value, you can create innovative and practical activities to promote these values
- You can allow students adequate freedom while simultaneously overseeing their efforts to create agreements, implement rules and think about current problems
- You can organise debates, speech writing and essay contests to motivate students to think critically about important issues
- Promoting British values at school helps you develop future citizens of the country who will act with fairness and tolerance
The promotion of British values motivates students to resist radicalisation and brainwashing. Instilling British values helps students develop into mature, well-adjusted adults and allows them to positively contribute to life in modern Britain.